You will lead a team of senior engineers to design and develop large scale data warehouse systems and related applications based on scalable multi-petabyte technology stacks, such as HP Vertica platform, Druid, MapR, Redshift, Snowflake. You will be responsible for analyzing requirements for large-scale, data centric software applications, and modeling of data warehouse ETL and Schema in order to consume large variety of data formats and protocols. You will guide a team to independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other core development teams. You have hands-on skills for designing and developing high quality analytical applications for processing the data and generating analysis results, following the standard software lifecycle development process. You have experience with tuning and optimizing large scale data platforms.
The company is growing rapidly, and there are ample opportunities for career development along both technical and management tracks. The work atmosphere is team-oriented and knowledge-intensive: motivated professionals are highly appreciated.
Position requirements are:
Solution Development and Delivery
- Communicates effectively with Product Management to identify needs, set expectations, and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Provides technical direction for the design, development, and systems integration for software releases from definition phase through deployment to production.
- Reviews work of development team; easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
Technical Effort Management
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality software to production.
- Understands complex database concepts and effectively employs different database design techniques.
- Understands advanced OLAP concepts and effectively applies them to OLAP cube design.
- Understands statistical analysis and numerical computation algorithms and applies them to application software.
- Understands Agile methodology and approaches, and consistently applies them in software projects.
- Possesses significant knowledge of distributed and internet systems architectures.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team member’s career interests when possible.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Keeps development team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in personal development opportunities above and beyond training required by employer.
- Trains other team members through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior team members to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow team members to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics or related
- 5 or more years of experience managing teams for large data-centric software development platforms.
- Three years of experience with the following:
- ETL framework design and implementation large scale DB clusters such as HP Vertica columnar database.
- Python, C# or Java Programming Language
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: 4-6 backend developers/support engineers