The Sr Technical Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet non-functional (e.g. performance, security, and operational considerations) requirements in support of a given initiative. The Sr Technical Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architects technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and in technology evaluation and selection.
This position requires a good knowledge of different technologies, how they integrate with legacy systems and knowledge of financials applications would help the architect to understand the overall ecosystem. A strong understanding of integration best practices and requires excellent relationship skills to work with strategic partners, such as Oracle and various consulting partners. This role requires a thorough understanding of business functions and processes, an in-depth understanding of the organization’s technology portfolio and capabilities, as well as external options. The Ordering and Settlements platform is implemented on the Oracle E-Business Application Suite with complex integrations on the Oracle SOA Suite.
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realize them.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of conceptual architecture.
- Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Recommends options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical development, and where possible, makes recommendations for improvement.
- Contributes performance, security, and operational items to backlog of development team.