The Scrum Master (SM) facilitates communication, coordination, and cooperation within a Scrum team. The SM assists the team in achieving their delivery goal of creating astonishing products. The Scrum Master is a servant as the leader who promotes self-organization, self-management, and delivery via the effective use of Scrum and lean practices. The Scrum Master upholds the rules of the scrum and assists the team in defining team norms.
* Serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to enable the business.
* Personify Scrum and Agile in using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
* Guide and Coach multiple Scrum Teams on:
* How to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
* How to get the most out of self-organization.
* How to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
* Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams, and coach them to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
* Remove impediments by finding the right personnel to assist with or remove the issues at hand.
* Create a problem-solving oriented environment where issues can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
* Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
* Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
* Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate information.
* Support and educate the Product Owner, especially in respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
* Enable the scrum teams to own and uphold the Definition of Done.
Temp to Perm – Please list salary on top of resume
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience as a Scrum Master for at least two years.
* Knowledge and experience of SAFe 4.0 practices and artifacts.
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
* Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (including Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, etc.)
* Knowledge and experience of several approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* A solid understanding of agile story and epic writing.
Additional / Optional Skills and Experience:
* Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
* Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Knowledge and/or experience with full-stack, polyglot web development teams