Our Direct Client in the Chicago area is looking for a Senior Level Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team, helping build our personalized healthcare and financial platform from the ground up!
As a senior developer on the team, you will get to solve real world problems that affect all of us and in turn make a huge impact in the healthcare space. You will help create a healthcare and financial wellness platform curated for each person via massive amounts of third party and internal data, and run through complex rules to deliver targeted, proactive health and financial wellness solutions, at scale. If you passionate about creating delightful cross platform (mobile & web) and distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant systems with rapid application & continuous deployment cycles while building massive data ingestion & processing pipelines, we would love to talk to you.
- You obsess over the customer and are excited about new and emerging technologies in web and software development as means to continuously create a better customer experience
- You insist on the highest standards – You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing.
- You seek to build & simplify frameworks, tools & technologies and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- You think big! You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale.
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features.
- You take ownership of the results – You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software.
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn.
- You are able to help build a team of smart creatives
What You Might Do in Your First Year
- Build cross platform mobile + web solutions that integrate data across health insurance plans and providers for a seamless view of a person’s healthcare record
- Build a digital wallet
- Build tools for personalized shopping based on available health benefits
- Build event driven architecture that ingests large volumes of streaming data and monitors, notifies or seamlessly handles backend transactions
About You in the Role
Go-to expert in an area of the codebase; understands the broad architecture of the entire system. if you have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, even better.
Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large.
Have a bias for action – Takes initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
Several years of overall experience, including several areas below, a lot of which make up our overall technology stack:
- ReactJS, React Native, AngularJS, Enzyme, Jest, Mocha
- SQL (PostgreSQL & NoSQL(DynomoDB, Cassandra) & Redis
- GraphQL & REST APIs
- Micro-services architecture using NodeJS & Molecular & Business Logic using Ruby/Python
- Search & Analytics with Elastisearch, Apache Solr, D3, Tableau, Kafka, ELK
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, API & sFTP Gateways, EMR, RDS)
- Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ)
- Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache Spark, NiFi), HL7, oAuth
- Rule Systems (Drools, InRule)
- Continuous Delivery for web & mobile (Terraform, CircleCI, MobileHub, AppCenter)
- Containers (Docker)
Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Domain Driven Design
- Event-Based Architecture
- Instrumentation to log data for all types of insights
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don’t over-engineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
Perks of the Job
- The chance to help build a platform and a company – you will make an impact here!
- Competitive salary, bonus potential, and stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- Casual, open-layout workspace right on Michigan Avenue at the Chicago River
- Fully stocked kitchen (with plenty of LaCroix) and access to the building’s gym and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave