The role of Senior Data Analyst will utilize industry standard tools and query languages to lead the collection, analysis and understanding of data contained within clients various data repositories. This member of the team will be responsible for determining how data is captured and used through hands-on investigation and working with our business partners. This role requires an individual who is driven to discover, as well as someone who communicates well with the Customer Data team and our business users.
- Develop and lead the effort to collect, compile and analyze data, from various structured and unstructured sources, to perform statistical and usage analyses.
- Lead data analysis reviews with business and technology partners to ensure understanding of data quality
- Develop and lead the effort to determine quality of data contained in sources being analyzed.
- Drive the development of data cleansing platforms.
- Create data dictionaries and/or ad-hoc reporting to document findings and share understanding of data assets. Drive the development of analysis tools that can be utilized in working with data stewards.
- Provide and evaluate suggestions for improving content and quality of data sources.
- Provide expertise to business partners in understanding and using data assets.
- Possess and maintain a familiarity with industry standard tools and query languages used to collect and analyze data. (Extensive experience with SQL is required.) Drive the implementation of tools for the data analysis group.
- Mentor and support other Data Analysts.
- Actively participate in regular team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of recent IT experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Data Analysis and/or development experience in a master data, data warehousing environment
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing SQL complex SQL queries for analytics purposes
- Minimum 2 years experience with ETL and integration technologies
- Must be highly proficient at writing SQL to query high volume databases
- Experience querying Oracle and DB2 databases
- Experience in data integration – preferred; Informatica PowerCenter experience a plus
- Experience in master data management – preferred; Informatica MDM experience a plus
- Knowledge of data modeling; dimensional modeling – a plus
- Experience with PL/SQL development – a plus