The role is to translate customer requirements to configurable, flexible, and extensible user interaction framework designs, select technology for component implementations, deliver code using the latest industry practices, optimization, and debug the framework and component code. You will own the front-end web platform architecture strategy for our web applications and products. You will design, architect, and develop our user interface using the latest web technologies for massively distributed applications. Also, you will be leading & delivering innovations that make complex interaction problems easy for our customers to handle. This is an Architect role and we are looking for someone with 9+ years experience.
- Work with business users to define requirements, design and implement sophisticated interaction and visualization designs that address business needs.
- Provide guidance for the development teams in the established and emerging techniques for User Interaction design and implementation. You will lead the teams in using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems and build a rich responsive web application platform.
- You will assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. You will interact with senior management to ensure that the UI platform is aligned with the RSi strategic goals and objectives.
Knowledge & Experience
- Deep hands-on knowledge and practical experience with the relevant technologies:
- JS, Ember.JS, Backbone or Knockout.JS
- Modern web development tool chain such as Yeoman, Grunt and Bower
- CSS architectures, frameworks and tools/best practices for managing CSS – e.g.LESS/SASS, (Bootstrap or Foundation framework)
- RESTful HTTP/JSON web services
- Java/JEE& Java server side web frameworks (SpringMVC, Struts, Tapestry, Wiket,Closure)
- You are an agile and disciplined engineer with a passion for:
- Agile/SCRUM software development
- Unit testing, TDD and/or BDD
- Automation and Continuous Integration
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
- You solve problems with the right mix of creativity and deep analysis.
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. You cultivate that same appetite in your peer developers and teams.
- You pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
- You collaborate with the leadership from User Experience, Product Management, QA, and Production Operations to plan implementation in an agile fashion
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Formal Education, Certification
- Bachelors Degree in CS/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering with 9+ years in industry, or Masters Degree in CS/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering with 7+ years in industry
- Willing to consider less experienced developers who are very bright and motivated to learn fast
Why be interested:
- You are excited about building enterprise-scale cloud-based platforms that act on huge data sets and deliver state-of-the-art visualizations and interaction
- You enjoy building new applications for the world’s leading companies
- You like start-ups, but also enjoy the resources that come from working in a larger company
- You like the rewards: Competitive salary, benefits and stock options