The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applications as required, to support the program goals. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to work with little direct supervision on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the Senior Engineer must be willing and able to coordinate the work of junior staff as well as lead the engineering team. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in an Agile team environment are keys to this position.
- Work in a team environment applying Agile methodologies
- Work with the business team to fulfill their requests
- Stabilize our code/build/deployment
- Assist in production support and on-call duty as needed
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Participate in requirements gathering and definition efforts
- Provide accurate estimates in support of project planning efforts
- Working experience in iOS and/or Android mobile application development
- Working experience of iOS and/or Android APIs
- Working experience of Apple and Android mobile development tools
- Working experience with responsive web and mobile design
- Working experience with Linux
- Working experience with SQL and relational databases