Must have Technical writing experience. This position is documentation focused. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you have never worked on FISMA/FEDRAMP framework.
Will develop, write, edit, store, retrieve, or manipulate technical security documentation such as standard operating procedures, technical manuals, user manuals, technical orders or electronic technical data. May also include requirements development, documentation development, plan of actions & milestones (POAMs), verification and identification, and vulnerability assessment and analyses. Experience with NIST 800-53 Rev4 security controls and assessments is a must.
Will be responsible for developing, writing, and editing cyber security related technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, technical manuals, user manuals, and technical orders. Will review and edit documents for grammar, flow, organization, and design and make recommendations to improve readability.
- 3+ years of experience in developing, writing, and editing technical IT security documentation.
- Must have working knowledge of Cloud technologies.
- Must be detail oriented and be highly organized and process driven.
- Familiarity with cyber security concepts and nomenclature, preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be creative and have the ability to understand and work with complex and abstract concepts.
- Must have a thorough understanding of NIST FISMA guidelines.
- Must have knowledge of security scanning tools such as Nessus, burp suite, App Detective, Acunetix, HP Web Inspect.
- Must have experience with implementing IT Security best practices and Risk Management Framework.
- Must have experience with developing IT Security documentation such as System Security plans, IT Security policies and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with NIST 800-53 Rev4 security controls and assessments.
- Experience with continuous monitoring activities.
- Experience with using advance features of Excel such as Pivot Tables, Charts and macros.
- Recognized security certifications preferred, but not required such as CISSP, CBCP, CRISC, CISA, Security+, CAP, CEH, or GSNA.
Experience or BS degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent is required.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a full background investigation and obtain a security badge.